Friday, August 17, 2012

I guess this is it...

So there I was, last night at 11 o’clock, sitting on my bed in the dark on a steamy Thursday in Texas, deciding that I want to make a blog. I always make my wildest decisions after the sun goes down, and although experience shows that they tend to fall flat (I’m not so good at commitment), I’m hopeful that this one will work out.

I’ve always liked the idea of having a blog, a place to write about life and share experiences where anyone can read it and enjoy. As is the case with most teenage girls, I’ve had plenty of blogs before – from the photography blogs, to the obsessive fandom blogs, to the ‘hipster’ blogs…very few ever took off. But a personal blog? I’ve never had one last more than a week. So that’s my challenge: keep this blog running until 2013 (at which point I will hopefully be so addicted that it will carry me through ’til college).

So, here goes nothing. A chronicle of my last year of high school and, as a result, my scary-as-shit transition into college. But I’m excited. Growing up and moving out is what we’ve all been waiting for, right? Getting a chance to find ourselves, fend for ourselves, and support ourselves?



We’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment